“From Fear to Success” Audiobook= Be Sincere— It Means More Than Words
You can have the most thoughtful and powerful words ever written,
but if they don’t come from your heart, they will land flat. Always
give your audience credit for the ability to see through speakers who
may not believe in what they’re talking about. Your own credibility is
at stake, and your ability to show the real you, including your personality,
values, and beliefs, will always connect with an audience.
At times you may want to exaggerate a point, to set the tone or to get
the audience to visualize the message. Many public-speaking books
say that it is acceptable to stretch the facts a little to ensure that the significance
is grasped. However, even with tall tales or embellished stories,
you have to show that you, yourself, believe them and can execute
them with burning passion because they are coming from your heart
and soul. An audience may not always agree with your points or message,
but they must always believe it is the real you.
Thomas B. Dowd III’s books available in softcover, eBook, and audiobook (From Fear to Success only):
- The Unofficial Guide to Fatherhood
- Time Management Manifesto: Expert Strategies to Create an Effective Work/Life Balance
- Displacement Day: When My Job was Looking for a Job…A Reference Guide to Finding Work
- The Transformation of a Doubting Thomas: Growing from a Cynic to a Professional in the Corporate World
- From Fear to Success: A Practical Public-speaking Guide received the Gold Medal at the 2013 Axiom Business Book Awards in Business Reference
Do you know about Avanoo.com? Two-to-three minute eLearning programs that can change your life.
MP3 Downloads of “From Fear to Success: A Practical Public-speaking Guide” are available at Apple iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody, Emusic, Nokia, Xbox Music, Spotify, Omnifone, Google Music Store, Rdio, Muve Music, Bloom.fm, Slacker Radio, MediaNet, 7digital, 24-7, Rumblefish, and Shazam “From Fear to Success” MP3 on CD Baby