Frank McKelvey, an old manager of mine from way back when took time out of his personal vacation to invest time with me during my job-search. He provided the following astute wisdom:
- The time that you spend decompressing is time when jobs are passing you by. “People who got busy on ‘Day One’ increased their chances of landing a job sooner. It sounds obvious, but it’s not always practiced.”
- Spend time with the family to assess what is wanted. It’s not a me thing, it’s a we
- Package your thoughts on your résumé*.
*“Don’t light the whole stage…light your particular character.” As much as we want to be everything to everybody, we can’t, so we need to narrow our path to highlight our best characteristics.
Thomas B. Dowd III’s books available in softcover, eBook, and audiobook (From Fear to Success only):
- Now What? The Ultimate Graduation Gift for Professional Success
- Time Management Manifesto: Expert Strategies to Create an Effective Work/Life Balance
- Displacement Day: When My Job was Looking for a Job…A Reference Guide to Finding Work
- The Transformation of a Doubting Thomas: Growing from a Cynic to a Professional in the Corporate World
- From Fear to Success: A Practical Public-speaking Guide received the Gold Medal at the 2013 Axiom Business Book Awards in Business Reference
- The Unofficial Guide to Fatherhood
See “Products” for details on www.transformationtom.com. Book , eBook, and audiobook (From Fear to Success only) purchase options are also available on Amazon- Please click the link to be re-directed: Amazon.com